Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have almost completed my first Chinese course (15 classes of 3 hours). I estimate we have learned about 100 words. I plan to take the HSK-1 test at the end of March.

If I continue at my current pace, where can I be in one year from now? I would like to visit my Chinese family-in-law in one year from now and have a decent conversation with them. Is this feasible ? So far I have been very motivated and if necessary I would not mind to learn a little more on my own.

Thanks.

Paul

share|improve this question

closed as not constructive by Alenanno Jan 27 '12 at 18:17

As it currently stands, this question is not a good fit for our Q&A format. We expect answers to be supported by facts, references, or expertise, but this question will likely solicit debate, arguments, polling, or extended discussion. If you feel that this question can be improved and possibly reopened, visit the help center for guidance.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Hello Paul! Sorry to be the one who brings bad news but I closed your question as not constructive because, as you can read below, it's asking for something not definite. I mean, the result is highly subjective. If you have concerns, post a meta question or on chat. :) –  Alenanno Jan 27 '12 at 18:20

Hmm, Okay, no problem.. –  Paul Praet Jan 27 '12 at 20:43

didn't need to be closed –  trideceth12 Feb 9 '12 at 6:06
add comment

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.