Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Wargame is 战争游戏 and tabletop game is 桌上游戏 so i'm assuming that "Tabletop Wargaming" is 桌上战争游戏? Is this the term used?

This type of game is also called "Miniature Wargaming" or "Miniwargaming," is there another word for this is Chinese?

(I am referring to tabletop strategy war games played with miniature figures and terrain).

share|improve this question
I played the miniature wargame when I was a little boy,but I never know the formal name of it .We call it "玩具兵大战",and there was a game called"Army men"(verycd.com/topics/2825805/).Do you mean this? –  coqer Feb 12 '12 at 1:00
add comment

2 Answers 2

up vote 2 down vote accepted

At least on the Chinese Wikipedia article about Warhammer 4000, 桌上战棋游戏 is used.

share|improve this answer

ahh i see that 战棋游戏 is synonymous with 战争游戏 –  trideceth12 Feb 12 '12 at 16:45
Perhaps "minature wargaming" can be referred to as 微縮模型戰棋? –  Krazer Feb 13 '12 at 16:40
add comment

I think the answer should be 陆战棋 or 军棋. Although in the original designs the pieces don't look like figures, the game rules are similar.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.