Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Is there something in Mandarin like "I don't give a f***", something that expresses the same sense of "I don't care" but with more force.

share|improve this question
关我屁事(guan1 wo pi4 shi)~? :p –  Kjuly Dec 15 '11 at 4:43
关我鸟事 (guan1 wo niao3 shi)~? –  macskuz Dec 15 '11 at 5:01

a similar network idiom in Chinese is 我是打酱油的 –  macskuz Dec 15 '11 at 5:10
+1 And not a single f*** was given that day –  Orion Dec 15 '11 at 5:28

@NullUserException: nice, can we put it the chinese into the passive voice and get a nice translation of that :p –  trideceth12 Dec 15 '11 at 13:00

5 Answers 5

up vote 5 down vote accepted

No, but in the dialect spoken where I lived people say 没得屌事.

share|improve this answer
People in NanJing like this expression,but it's sounds a little vulgar. –  Huang Dec 15 '11 at 4:47

yes, 屌 means cock,but a HongKong famous singer named ZhouJieLun(周杰伦) use this word very often,many many young peope follow him in mainland of China,so it is used very common in all China area. –  macskuz Dec 15 '11 at 5:16

ZhouJieLun is a Taiwanese singer. The 屌 is used slightly differently and with border context in Hong Kong than in mainland China. –  KMC Dec 15 '11 at 6:10

@Huang Yes, I live in Nanjing. That's really a daily use phase for every Nanjinger. –  AntiGameZ Dec 15 '11 at 7:49

A direct translation would be:"我不在乎".

If you want to make an emphasis or show your anger, you could say:"爱咋咋的". "爱咋咋的" is more commonly used in Northern area, which literally means "[do] anything you like to[, I don't care.]", you can also simply say "随便”.

Another - not very vulgar - option is 我不管.

管他妈的, why didn't anyone suggest this?

Strong but not vulgar answer: 我才不管

Example:

I don't give a f*** what he thinks

Translation,

我才不管他想什么呢

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.