Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm not talking about instructional videos and bi-lingual videos. Just Mandarin cartoon videos which a young child, with the ability to naturally absorb a new language, can use to learn Mandarin.

share|improve this question

closed as not constructive by Alenanno Nov 3 '12 at 10:35

As it currently stands, this question is not a good fit for our Q&A format. We expect answers to be supported by facts, references, or expertise, but this question will likely solicit debate, arguments, polling, or extended discussion. If you feel that this question can be improved and possibly reopened, visit the help center for guidance.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

River Dragon King (note: paywall) has plenty positive references from my friends. They have some teasers on Youtube for your consideration. –  bytebuster Oct 1 '12 at 11:04

Thx bytebuster. I think that one is bilingual rather than just Chinese. –  Dan Oct 1 '12 at 16:25

How young is the child? I am not familiar with BBC's Wuzzy (never heard of it), but for a 4 year old, 黑猫警长 is quite suitable in my opinion. –  deutschZuid Oct 2 '12 at 2:49

She's 4. Thank you. –  Dan Oct 2 '12 at 9:52

@Dan I'm closing this as NC for now. Please refer to our FAQ point "Can I ask for resources?", it will you give you enough info. Please note that closed questions are not just gone. You can still improve it according to the guidelines. After you do it, just flag it for moderator attention and let us know, we'll reopen it. My best suggestion is: make it as narrow and scope you can. If your question asks for a small range of answers only, you're set. The problem is with broad and open-ended questions. :) Hope this helps. –  Alenanno Nov 3 '12 at 10:37
add comment

1 Answer 1

I think you mean Muzzy? I've never seen that show, but I do have a 5 year old and I regularly let him watch videos from CCTV's official video site which has full length episodes of things like Thomas and Friends in Chinese Mandarin.

My recommendation is to show your child 小小智慧树 link to video page here. This is a popular children's TV show in China and is educational, directed at younger children and has quite simple dialogue. Each episode also has a simple song and poem which my son found easy to sing along with.

On the video page you will notice their are videos marked 《小小智慧树》 followed by a date e.g. 20120928. These are the full length episodes.

I find showing my son these shows are much more valuable than having him stare blankly at cartoons as they encourage participation via dance, song and activities.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.