Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have a children's wallchart with a variety of weapons and military vehicles. One of the items is 火箭扫雷车. I think I understand the meaning (It's a kind of minesweeper that uses rockets to clear minefields), however I am stumped on an elegant translation. Also I would like to know if this is a vehicle known to the average Chinese mainlander, It's not a weapon known to most westerners.

火箭扫雷车

share|improve this question

2 Answers 2

up vote 2 down vote accepted

After searching on google I found "Minesweeping Rocket System" to be a somewhat official translation to "火箭扫雷车".

share|improve this answer

I'm not sure if translation questions should be on-topic or not, but I think a literal "Rocket minesweeper" or "missile minsweeper" would be appropriate. Military vehicles don't usually have elegant names.

I found one example of the term "rocket minesweeper" specifically referring to a Chinese military vehicle.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.