Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

When using a laptop touchpad to input Chinese via handwriting on Windows 8, I either have to double tap or press down in order to write. On a MacBook, I just write without needing an initial double tap or pressing down while writing. Is there a way to do the same in Windows 8? I read through some of Pinyin Joes pieces on Windows 8, he doesn't seem to have any info on this.

Also, I tried using an iPad/iPhone stylus on a Windows 8 laptop touchscreen, it doesn't seem to be as receptive as on iOS devices. For example, if I write 我, it will miss every other or every third stroke. Is this a function of the touchscreen as it is a budget laptop or the stylus? Are styluses for Windows 8 different than those for Apple?

share|improve this question

Try this website : cndic.naver.com A Korean Chinese-Korean online dictionary where you're allowed to input Chinese character by handwriting. –  congliu Aug 20 '13 at 16:24

Steve, just thinking, do you have any stores there (I'm not from US) like a Best Buy or something like that where they have a bunch of laptops already set up that you could request to test out a few different styluses? –  xiaohouzi79 Aug 21 '13 at 23:40

@xiaohouzi79 Good idea. I was planning on doing this, just haven't had time yet. Just hoping someone out there could save me the trip. Hopefully I can try today. –  Steve Aug 22 '13 at 16:59
add comment

1 Answer

Mainly two ways for you to input Chinese:

1) Use a Free PinYin inputter such as Sogou:http://pinyin.sogou.com/ enter image description here 2) After installing, you can do writing with TouchPad on your notepad: enter image description here

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.