Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I learn Mathematica on the site StackExchange Mathematica,I encountered a problem?(on the picture)problem

backtick escapes

The result that the dictionary gives is "那些逃离",Obviously,it is wrong. So my question is how to understand it in Chinese or English?

share|improve this question

2 Answers 2

up vote 3 down vote accepted

A "backtick", also known as a "backquote", is a punctuation mark that appears to be translated as 反引号 and refers to this symbol:

`

In the programming context, "escape" often refers to an "escape sequence", which is translated as 转义序列. I'm guessing that "backtick escapes" is used to mean 反引号转义字符.

[edited per user58955's comment]

share|improve this answer
the 代表 shouldn't be there... 反引号转义字符 would sound simply fine –  user58955 Oct 7 '13 at 18:01

@user58955 corrected... thanks! –  Claw Oct 7 '13 at 18:03

@user58955,@Claw,Thanks for your help sincerely. –  Tangshutao Oct 8 '13 at 4:22

This is a backtick: `

It's sort of like a single-quote (') or a double-quote ("), but not the same. When you put `backticks around stuff` then it will appear like this.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.