Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

What are the right translations of these IT-related terms into (simplified) Chinese:

• app (as in iOS apps)
  • service (as in application service)
  • consulting (as in IT consulting)

Is there a reliable dictionary that includes such specialized contemporary terminology?

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

up vote 8 down vote accepted

What are the right translations of these IT-related terms into (simplified) Chinese:

app --> 应用

service --> 服务

consulting --> 咨询

Is there a reliable dictionary that includes such specialized contemporary terminology?

The CKJ Dictionary

Dict.cn -- an online Chinese/English dictionary

[Others]

share|improve this answer

It's interesting how they abbreviated 移动软件应用程序 to just 应用. I would've expected something like 移软. –  deutschZuid Oct 10 '13 at 0:30
@deutschZuid My guess is that 应用 is a translated word of the English word "app". –  Inglis Baderson Oct 10 '13 at 1:44

@deutschZuid, 移动 is for mobile, 软件 is for software, 应用 is for application and 程序 is for program. So, 移动软件应用程序 means mobile software application program. –  杨以轩 Oct 10 '13 at 2:06

@deutschZuid, Precisely, "应用软件" stands for "software application", and "应用" is the app, "软件" is the software. –  shuangwhywhy Oct 10 '13 at 2:18

Guys I know what this means. I just let you know you my expectation. I never doubted the validity of the answer! –  deutschZuid Oct 11 '13 at 1:29

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.