Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Here are some sentences for context. To me, leaving out the 地 preserves the meanings:

再一次地感谢大家 让我再一次地想你 微笑,再一次地让我们微笑

Is 再一次地 a set phrase/固定短语?

Here's one w/o the 地:

再一次战胜自己

share|improve this question
Yes, it is completely fine not to use 地. I think 地 merely emphasizes 再一次. If I were to read out the sentence, I would somewhat put stress on 地, which I think it has the effect of emphasizing 再一次 -- it might be my own accent though... –  user58955 Dec 8 '13 at 18:39
Are you familiar with the use 地 (de - toneless) in Chinese adverbs? Just wondering. Not sure if this is why you don't understand its usage here. –  deutschZuid Dec 9 '13 at 0:58
add comment

5 Answers 5

up vote 7 down vote accepted

In Chinese「地」is the adverb marker. It's used bewtween an adverb and the verb it describes.

The phrase「再一次」 acts like a adverb whcih means "do something once again".
So use 「地」after 「再一次」 and the verb behind it。

Example: 「再一次地感谢大家」 --> Thanks everyone once again.

And 「地」can be omitted in this case, so 「再一次地感谢大家」 --> 「再一次感谢大家」
This kind of usage is usually more informal.

The words 「的/地/得」 is quite confusing in Chinese language.
Even Chinese native speakers do not care about the difference between them.

More information please see:
http://eastasiastudent.net/china/mandarin/%E7%9A%84-%E5%9C%B0-%E5%BE%97-summary

share|improve this answer
You might want to mention that 地 can be omitted in this case, as explained in the other answers to make this one more complete. –  deutschZuid Dec 9 '13 at 1:13

Usually followed by a verb. –  einverne Dec 23 '13 at 6:47

and now, the primary school of China just teach "的" instead of these 3 chars. aka, others will be retired soon. –  Allen St.Clair Dec 29 '13 at 8:26
add comment

地 is just an adverb marker, similar to -ly in English.

e.g.

高兴的 happy

高兴地 happily

add comment

再一次地 并非固定短语。这里只是在语法合乎规范的条件下“凑”成四字短语,使之听起来更大气(rigistre soutenu)。

再一次地 is not a set phrase. Here, although 地 is a possibility not essential, we choose to add it to make the phrase into a four-character phrase to sound like a 成语, which sounds more elevated.

add comment

再一次地 is not a set phrase. 一 and 地 can often be dropped, and people more often say 再次感谢,再次想你,etc.

add comment

It's fine to use 地 but we usually leave it out in conversations. The 地 literally makes the sentence more formal, like in a poem, a speech, or something has strong emotions attached.

Hope this helps.

add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.