Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Can anyone please tell me the correct Chinese translation of the following sentence: "How many people are you?"

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Stan, user238264, congusbongus, 杨以轩, NS.X. Dec 16 '13 at 8:51

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service." – user238264, congusbongus, 杨以轩, NS.X.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

It would be "你们有多少(个)人?" –  Stan Dec 14 '13 at 13:33

Thank you Stan! –  Bella Dec 14 '13 at 13:43

You're welcome. But this question appears to be off-topic because of the rule "questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated", I hope you can understand why I vote to close it :) –  Stan Dec 14 '13 at 17:40

Aha, I didn't know that, I'm sorry. I did do some research but the only thing I could find was that 你是几个人 was not the right translation. I'll dig a bit deeper next time :) –  Bella Dec 14 '13 at 17:52

1 Answer 1

up vote 2 down vote accepted

When entering a restaurant in China you will typically be asked 您几位.

I'm not completely sure if this can be applied to all contexts though. Perhaps someone more proficient than myself can comment on that.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.