Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Previously I used to regularly go to a news site that had articles in English that allowed you to immediately switch to Chinese for the same article.

It also had good information on the Chinese side for English readers to introduce when difficult grammer or idioms were used.

I'm hoping someone knows of this site or something similar.

This site was awesome for building vocabulary.

share|improve this question

You say "was", "used to" and other verbs in the past tense because the site doesn't exist anymore? –  Alenanno Dec 26 '11 at 11:23

@Alenanno - Because I haven't visited for a while. And after a reasonable search just now, I can't seem to find it. –  xiaohouzi79 Dec 26 '11 at 11:24
If you find it, do you mind sharing the link here? It would be interesting for everyone... :D –  Alenanno Dec 26 '11 at 11:25

2 Answers 2

up vote 7 down vote accepted

I know two great sites just like you said. Hope you like it.

东西网 and 译言网.

share|improve this answer
With the first link, how to find the original article in English? I can see how to do it with the second one. Thanks! –  xiaohouzi79 Dec 27 '11 at 3:09

Global Voices is a social site for hosting translations of articles in other languages. Popup Chinese has a tool to help you translate Chinese articles, but they don't have full translations of the articles.

I haven't used either of these sites, I've just seen them mentioned elsewhere.

share|improve this answer

Mum..it seems it's blocked by gfw. :p –  Kjuly Dec 30 '11 at 4:28

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.