Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

So far I can read most of the characters on this picture, except 1 character.

• The characters on the center is: 忠義 (zhong1yi4 - Tiong-gī), which means: Loyalty and is related to the story of the three brothers. (Thanks to Question Overflow)

• The characters on the left is: 千秋羕 [x] 振乾坤.

• The characters on the right is: 萬古桃園喜永存.

Does anyone can read the character mark as [x] on the left side? I tried to google like "萬古桃園喜永存", or "萬古桃園喜永存, 千秋羕 ..", but found nothing. Many thanks.

enter image description here

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by user238264, Stan, 杨以轩, NS.X., 50-3 Feb 6 at 2:52

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service." – user238264, Stan, 杨以轩, NS.X., 50-3
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Could you maybe post a higher-res image? It's rather difficult to make anything out in the photo you posted. –  Cocowalla Jan 30 at 13:09
忠義 is read from RTL and the story of the three brothers. –  杨以轩 Jan 30 at 15:04

The are some characters covered by the flowers. –  fefe Jan 31 at 0:13
Hmm, i.stack.imgur.com isn't blocked any more ... 上聯 (right hand side) is 萬古桃園春永在, 下聯 (left hand side) is 千秋華年振乾坤. 橫批 is just like what QuestionOverflow has said, 忠義. –  Stan Feb 1 at 14:35
萬古(for a very long time) 桃園(the place where "the story of the three brothers" happened) 春(spring) 永在(lasts forever); 千秋(for a very long time) 華年(youth) 振(be the leading actors of) 乾坤(heaven and earth). I think it needs a little knowledge of Chinese culture to understand it well ... However this couplet isn't a good example for learning, because it hasn't followed all the strict rules for couplets. –  Stan Feb 2 at 11:50

1 Answer 1

up vote 2 down vote accepted

This is what I got: 万古XXX永存,千秋XX振乾坤。 A picture with higher resolution would be helpful for a complete answer.

share|improve this answer

@agripop: Wow thanks, please wait for the higher-res image because I have to ask it again to my daughter-in-law. :) –  mrjimoy_05 Jan 30 at 23:52

@agripop: Hello, I updated the image. Please have a check :) –  mrjimoy_05 Feb 1 at 12:22
Looks like 万古桃园喜永存, 千秋羕x振乾坤 to me... –  user58955 Feb 1 at 23:41

@user58955 and are written in typical cursive script. "存" looks more similar to , but I'm not sure either. –  Stan Feb 2 at 1:23

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.