Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How would you say this in Cantonese and how would you say this in Mandarin?

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by deutschZuid, Claw, Don Kirkby Mar 20 '14 at 14:13

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service." – deutschZuid, Claw, Don Kirkby
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

This is essentially a translation question, which is off topic here. – user3410 Mar 7 '14 at 22:26

Mandarin

他很介意被批评。

Cantonese

佢好介意畀人讲。
share|improve this answer
These seem to mean "He minds very much being criticized." which is a little different – Kenny LJ Mar 6 '14 at 23:38

In Mandarin, we can say:

他听不进别人(对他)的批评。

他很反感别人(对他)的批评。

他不喜欢别人(对他)的批评。

他受不了别人(对他)的批评。

他很难听取别人(对他)的批评。

他很难接受别人(对他)的批评。

他不善于听取别人(对他)的批评。

他不善于接受别人(对他)的批评。

他不能正确对待别人(对他)的批评。

他不能虚心接受别人(对他)的批评。

Sorry, I don't speak Cantonese. I hope someone who speaks Cantonese can translate them.

which is cantonese? – Crashalot Mar 6 '14 at 18:36

Sorry, I forgot about that. They are all in Mandarin. Thanks. Answer edited. – 孤影萍踪 Mar 6 '14 at 18:48
I think 他不善于听取别人(对他)的批评。 is the best so far. – Kenny LJ Mar 6 '14 at 23:38

The "别人(对他)的" is redundant and the phrase "不善于" sounds more like written Chinese than spoken Mandarin (or spoken Cantonese, if that matters). But I agree that "他不善于听取批评" is a good translation in written Chinese. – user4086 Mar 8 '14 at 1:32

+1 for Mandarin – hylepo Mar 12 '14 at 12:47

Mandarin : 他不能很好的接受(别人的)批评。

Sorry I don't know about Cantonese.

I can answer for the mandarin part.

他不在乎别人的评价。

For the Cantonese i can say you it sounds more or less,

Kui m zayi kue ta yen hua kui.

but i don't know how to write it.

err... 不在乎 means don't mind; don't care. Which is not what the asker means. – user3992 Mar 6 '14 at 13:26

Mandarin parts.

他无法接受批评.

他不太接受批评.

他很反感别人批评.

Cantonese Parts

佢唔擅长听其他人嘅意见

距五擅长听人意见

佢最唔叻听人意见了

“距都”钟意听人地讲

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.