Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

How would you say this in Cantonese and how would you say this in Mandarin?

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by deutschZuid, Claw, Don Kirkby Mar 20 at 14:13

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service." – deutschZuid, Claw, Don Kirkby
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

This is essentially a translation question, which is off topic here. –  user3410 Mar 7 at 22:26

5 Answers 5

Mandarin

他很介意被批评。

Cantonese

佢好介意畀人讲。
share|improve this answer
These seem to mean "He minds very much being criticized." which is a little different –  Kenny LJ Mar 6 at 23:38

In Mandarin, we can say:

他听不进别人(对他)的批评。

他很反感别人(对他)的批评。

他不喜欢别人(对他)的批评。

他受不了别人(对他)的批评。

他很难听取别人(对他)的批评。

他很难接受别人(对他)的批评。

他不善于听取别人(对他)的批评。

他不善于接受别人(对他)的批评。

他不能正确对待别人(对他)的批评。

他不能虚心接受别人(对他)的批评。

Sorry, I don't speak Cantonese. I hope someone who speaks Cantonese can translate them.

which is cantonese? –  Crashalot Mar 6 at 18:36

Sorry, I forgot about that. They are all in Mandarin. Thanks. Answer edited. –  孤影萍踪 Mar 6 at 18:48
I think 他不善于听取别人(对他)的批评。 is the best so far. –  Kenny LJ Mar 6 at 23:38

The "别人(对他)的" is redundant and the phrase "不善于" sounds more like written Chinese than spoken Mandarin (or spoken Cantonese, if that matters). But I agree that "他不善于听取批评" is a good translation in written Chinese. –  user4086 Mar 8 at 1:32

+1 for Mandarin –  hylepo Mar 12 at 12:47

Mandarin : 他不能很好的接受(别人的)批评。

Sorry I don't know about Cantonese.

I can answer for the mandarin part.

他不在乎别人的评价。

For the Cantonese i can say you it sounds more or less,

Kui m zayi kue ta yen hua kui.

but i don't know how to write it.

err... 不在乎 means don't mind; don't care. Which is not what the asker means. –  user3992 Mar 6 at 13:26

Mandarin parts.

他无法接受批评.

他不太接受批评.

他很反感别人批评.

Cantonese Parts

佢唔擅长听其他人嘅意见

距五擅长听人意见

佢最唔叻听人意见了

“距都”钟意听人地讲

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.