Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I found a well crafted app named "I learn Chinese" for iPad. I like it, it seems a quality app. However, it teaches simplified Chinese characters. I'd like to learn traditional Chinese characters.

Is there a similar app for iPad to learn traditional Chinese?

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by 50-3, Claw, deutschZuid, Question Overflow, Stan Mar 20 at 6:34

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

This question is really about incidental knowledge and is not about Chinese language itself. Closing as offtopic. Try a forum that caters to iPad apps. –  deutschZuid Mar 16 at 21:40

To me, this is a very valid question for a place like this, where there are people who learn, study, and already know Chinese. An iPad app can be a good tool for helping to learn Chinese, and there can be people here who can suggest quality apps for learning Chinese (because e.g. they already used this kind of apps). –  Mr.C64 Mar 16 at 22:53

Looking for learning resources is still offtopic I am sorry to inform. –  deutschZuid Mar 17 at 1:18

@deutschZuid: I'm sorry for that. Frankly, it doesn't make sense to me. It would be much better if looking for resources for learning Chinese would be on-topic here. –  Mr.C64 Mar 17 at 1:40

@deutschZuid I think we should allow this kind of topic, it maybe very important to people who learn Chinese. Math.SE allow people to discuss questions about math softwares, so should we. –  Ave Maleficum Mar 19 at 14:49

1 Answer 1

not an app but here is a good resource: http://eword.ntpc.edu.tw/phrase.htm

i admire you're willingness to learn traditional characters. we call these 生字簿 (unknown character booklet) in taiwanese elementary schools, so it helps if you know 注音 (zhuyin, aka ㄅㄆㄇㄈ bopomofo), and the pages flow from right to left vertically for stupid political reasons so be prepared for smudges. unfortunately the site is designed for parents and teachers, so kinda unfriendly if you don't already read chinese, but the link above should contains all the links to the pdfs. start with 一年級 (first grade) then 二年級 and so on. it's a lot to go through and meant to take six years even for kids with they sponge like memory so take it slowly, have fun!

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.