Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm trying to get the meaning of the following expression: 爱惜花草树木. A Chinese friend told me that it's something like "It's so corny", but I'm having a hard time finding an explanation online. I've found a few Chinese websites but the explanation Chinese is way too hard for me :-/

share|improve this question

Well there's nothing wrong with the meaning. It is actually overused on the signs so your friend would say that. –  Stan Mar 18 at 17:32

I believe if you live in China you can see it everywhere wherever there is a ground with grass. –  einverne Mar 19 at 5:51

1 Answer 1

up vote 4 down vote accepted

In simple terms it means to treasure nature. It literally means "love and treasure flowers, grass, trees".

You'd generally find it on park signs so that it's a catch all for people not to trample on grass, to not pick flowers, wreck trees, that sort of thing.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.