Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I want to either say last year I moved to Leeds or last year I started studying at Leeds University.

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by 50-3, 杨以轩, Ave Maleficum, congusbongus, Yu Hao Apr 22 at 15:04

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service." – 50-3, 杨以轩, Ave Maleficum, congusbongus, Yu Hao
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Please remember to include translation attempt, close vote pending edit: Questions are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated –  50-3 Mar 23 at 10:45

moved to xxx: 搬家到 xxx enrolled at xxx: 进入xxx学习 –  Aw Qirui Guo Mar 24 at 0:40

3 Answers 3

去年 (last year) 我 (I) 搬 (moved) 到 (to) ... (name of place)。

Qùnián wǒ bān dào ...

去年 (last year) 我 (I) 开始 (started) 在 (at) ... (name of university) 读书 (study)。

Qùnián wǒ kāishǐ zài ... dúshū

去年 (last year) 我 (I) 被 (by) ....(name of university) 录取 (enrolled) 了。

Qùnián wǒ bèi ... lùqǔle.

share|improve this answer

Based on OP's question, it should be

我去年搬到了利兹大学.

我去年开始在利兹大学念书.

is it that hard to look up Leeds University? 利兹大学 –  user3306356 Mar 23 at 11:15

@user3306356 Thanks for your comment, I have edited the answer. –  Ave Maleficum Mar 23 at 23:15
last year I moved to Leeds.
去年我搬到了利兹居住。

last year I started studying at Leeds University.
我从去年开始进入利兹大学念书。

'moved to [place]'
搬 到 [place]

'enrolled at [place]
进入/参加/录取 到 [place], 录取:get admitted to the University.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.