Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I looked it up and a lot of words that mean "trick" come back so I'm sure which is the right one.

share|improve this question
I think what you are looking for is 花招 or 耍花招. –  Question Overflow Apr 29 at 2:23

3 Answers 3

Tricks here means 'maneuvers performed for fun or for show in a sports game'. It's translated into 花样动作 or 花式动作 in Chinese.

Sports games for the exhibition of tricks is called 花样xx or 花式xx.

E.g. freestyle snowboarding is 花样滑雪, figure skating is 花样滑冰, exhibition basketball is 花式篮球, etc.

share|improve this answer

Okay, so would snowboarding tricks be: 滑雪板运动的花样? –  Taylor Apr 28 at 21:53

@Taylor It would be 花样滑雪动作 or 滑雪中的花样动作. –  NS.X. Apr 28 at 22:55

@Taylor I would go for "滑雪板花式". –  leesei Apr 30 at 5:53

In your context, "技巧" is a candidate.

准确!As OP said "a lot of words that mean "trick"", but within the given context, "技巧" is the perfect translation. –  xpt May 4 at 13:53

Question Overflow made a good point.

招式 is often used for 'tricks' in sports like skateboarding - so in theory it should work with snowboarding just the same. You can even shorten it to just 招 if you'd like -- might sound a bit kung-foo-y though...

edit: some extra info:

see this article

the article talks, mainly, about ski + snowboard tricks the article features the word 招式 a lot: 等你熟练起跳跟着陆之后,可以开始最基本的招式。

在雪地上尝试招式前,你可以先在干地上练习。

etc etc

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.