Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm looking for the (traditional) Chinese letters for 'he fu tong qing' (pin yin transcription), which should mean something like 'the whole family invited' in the context of a wedding invitation.

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

阖府统请 (Simplified Chinese)

闔府統請 (Traditional Chinese)

share|improve this answer
I did wish to upvote your answer, but what the heck do you mean by "standard/old writing"? Traditional Chinese characters are used in some places (e.g. Taiwan and Hong Kong) and the simplified ones are used in some others. You don't need a "special reason" to use traditional Chinese characters. – user4086 May 10 '14 at 22:18
@倪阔乐: It's a wedding invitation for a Chinese family that mainly use traditional characters :) – zero-divisor May 10 '14 at 23:28
I sense some point of view pushing here from the answerer's part. I've changed the answer to use standard terminology in English. – deutschZuid May 11 '14 at 23:18
Even in these modern days, many people still use Traditional Chinese characters for formal stuff like wedding invitations, I've never seen a wedding invitation using Simplified Chinese yet. – user3992 May 12 '14 at 9:19

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.