Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I remember there is something that translates closely to "mouth itches", you say it when you want to express a craving for a certain food.

share|improve this question

"mouth itches"? 嘴痒. However, formally it means "craving for saying something". (Anyway, I won't feel strange when anyone uses 嘴痒 to "crave for a certain food".) –  Stan May 20 at 18:42

No but I now remember it was 嘴 + another word. –  grayQuant May 20 at 19:12
Perhaps it would possibly be 嘴馋? –  倪阔乐 May 20 at 19:18

1 Answer 1

嘴馋 should be the one. 馋 in this case means piggish or greedy for food, particularly in a situation that one is not really hungry, but just wants something to be in the mouth for chewing.

share|improve this answer
Being fond of good food and craving for a particular dish are not the same thing. –  杨以轩 May 22 at 1:57

Thanks for the comment. I just did an edit. So piggish or greedy for food is probably better. –  ChineseHulu.com May 22 at 5:34

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.