Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

This question already has an answer here:

I would like to learn common greetings in Chinese. I haven't taken any classes or used any textbooks. I would like to learn, very much! So I would be able to carry on simple conversation with Chinese friends :)

thank you

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Ave Maleficum, fefe, user3306356, Stan, deutschZuid Jun 9 at 21:55

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Welcome to the site. Here is a question with 12 answers for resources you can use to get started. You can also use the links others provided in the comments. What you do after that will be very helpful. I suggest you read through the material and then either change this question to something not already present on the site or just delete it and post a new question (I am sure you will have many of those). Good luck getting started and enjoy learning Chinese 👍 –  Tommie C. Jun 4 at 23:25

Please share your research –  user3306356 Jun 6 at 3:39

2 Answers 2

believe or not, they may say hello. If it's some good friend, maybe their nick name.

share|improve this answer

36 phrases to say hello in Chinese - audio in link.

http://chinesespeak.com/hello-chinese/

Saying hello

1. 你好! Pinyin: nǐ hǎo! Meaning: Hello.

2. 您好! Pinyin: nín hǎo!
    Meaning: Hello. Used when addressing seniors or superiors to show respect.

Time-based greetings

1. 早上好! Pinyin: zǎo shang hǎo!
    Meaning: Good morning!

2. 早安 Pinyin: zǎo ān
    Meaning: Good morning . Literally “Peace at morning”

3. 早 Pinyin: zǎo Meaning: Morning!

4. 下午好! Pinyin: xià wǔ hǎo
    Meaning: Good afternoon!

5. 晚上好 Pinyin: wǎn shàng hǎo
    Meaning: Good evening!

6. 晚安 Pinyin: wǎn ān
    Meaning: Good night

7. 你好吗? Pinyin: nǐ hǎo ma?
    Meaning: How are you?

8. 您好吗? Pinyin: nín hǎo ma? Meaning: How are you? Used when addressing seniors or superiors to show respect.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.