Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Compleat Lexical Tutor has a valuable tool here1 for searching for English words in a corpus and displaying them in sample sentences. This is useful for checking the usage of a word. Where can I find a similar tool for Chinese?

1. The links path to get to the page is the following: Compleat Lexical Tutor —> Concordances —> English.

share|improve this question
"Concorance" isn't an English word, what did you mean to write? By the way, you wrote "Cinese" instead of "Chinese". –  Alenanno Jan 9 '12 at 13:48
I added a note, so in case the link has some problems, they still can get to the page. :) Anyway, in the future, avoid writing "here" or "this" in text-links, better to write the title of the page/document you're linking or an explanation of what people can find in that link. So if the link gets unavailable or has problems, they can still get to the original link. –  Alenanno Jan 9 '12 at 14:35
add comment

1 Answer 1

Though it is much smaller than the corpus you linked to, JuKuu is an excellent resource for finding example sentences involving Chinese terms. Typing a Chinese word or phrase into the search bar usually yields enough sentences to get a good sense of a term's meaning and usage.

share|improve this answer

Oh I even saw this site before, someone linked it elsewhere. +1 by the way. :) –  Alenanno Jan 9 '12 at 17:38
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.