Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I've been for some time learning chinese characters along with the Zheng Ma input method. I found it convenient for coming with Windows and being able to easily convert to my Dvorak touch-typing, as opposed to Wubi.

The only resource I ever found in english, and have been using extensively, is this pdf guide on scribd (thanks MEGATRON COOKIE whoever and wherever you are). Especially the table at the end. But sometimes I find it incomplete and I then have to spend minutes on end trying every possible alternate combination to get to my character. Some characters have provided me with at least half an hour of frustration and I recall one which I never got to type and just gave up.

I have always thought more material on Zheng Ma should exist in chinese (or in english, who knows), but alas, I have to get up to baidu searching skill-level first. So the chinese.SE proves the perfect opportunity to find out what's out there.

share|improve this question

3 Answers 3

up vote 1 down vote accepted

If you use Windows 7, there should be a text document within the Program Files that contains a comprehensive list of Chinese characters and their ZhengMa codes. On my computer it is found at C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows NT\TableTextService; it is called TableTextServiceSimplifiedZhengMa.txt

I don't know if this exists on other operating systems. Hope it helps!

share|improve this answer

I can't believe that actually exists a raw hash table for all zhengma combinations for taking like this. Now I can even roll out my own implementation for mac and for a web app. Thanks so much for the pointer! –  Vic Goldfeld May 20 '12 at 6:00

ZhengMa is rarely used in chinese.se, more people use PinYin and WuBi. ZhengMa have never been a mainstream type-in method.

And One more thing, please use www.google.com.hk in Chinese to search what you want, not Baidu, which search result sorted by money website pay

"ZhengMa is rarely used" would be more accurate, since chinese.se has just started, and yes I know that. But stating it doesn't answer my question. –  Vic Goldfeld Dec 14 '11 at 1:46
I can give you some forum/group in chinese.se you can participate. Like douban or Baidu Forum ( not like Baidu search, it is find and interesting ) if you want. Maybe I should comment you question instead of answer, my bad. –  AntiGameZ Dec 14 '11 at 1:51

No problem, sorry if I seemed harsh. By the way, when I said "chinese.SE" I was referring to this Chinese StackExchange website, not to chinese language/websites in general. Thanks for the links, but I still don't know enough chinese to be able to read them. –  Vic Goldfeld Dec 14 '11 at 2:14

I'm answering from an old memory, and can't know whether this is correct in any modern Windows system. Nevertheless: I think to remember that I installed ZhengMa for windows years ago. Then I changed the language to Chinese and got a help file in Chinese. This wasn't available in English. I'd assume that this help text is the best you get. But I just assume.

I'll try that as soon as I'm confident enough to change the OS language. Thanks! –  Vic Goldfeld May 20 '12 at 6:11

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.