Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I am making a chat application , so for number verification i need to make call(your verification code is 1234) on the number,
i want to know, if i called in china in chinese then how the number are pronunuced. is it same one two three? and remaining sentence in chinese?

this is the xml that is used for calling

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Response>
     <Say voice="alice" language="zh-CN" loop="2">您的新密码是 1 2 3 4</Say>
</Response>

according to this complete sentence will spoken in chinese else of number is it correct way to call?

share|improve this question

Not sure what you are asking, could you be more specific? –  ChineseHulu.com Jun 27 at 17:01

@ChineseHulu.com i updated my question –  Govind Singh Nagarkoti Jun 27 at 17:05
numbers automatically pronounced in chinese –  Govind Singh Nagarkoti Jul 24 at 6:18

1 Answer 1

The translation for "your verification code is 1234" in Chinese should be

"您的认证码是 一 二 三 四" or "您的认证码是 1 2 3 4" in your code.

Note:

“1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10”

are pronounced as "yi1 er4 san1 si4 wu3 liu4 qi1 ba1 jiu3 shi2" in Chinese.

are written as "一 二 三 四 五 六 七 八 九 十" in Chinese.

share|improve this answer

thanks can you update the answer with 0 to 10 if possible –  Govind Singh Nagarkoti Jun 27 at 17:18

and what is for zero? –  Govind Singh Nagarkoti Jun 28 at 3:46
@GovindSingh 零 ling2 –  songyuanyao Jun 28 at 7:09
As a side note, 1 in numbers are often read as 幺(yao1). Like in English, 0 can be read as zero or oh. –  hrzhu Jul 2 at 13:30

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.