Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

What is written in Chinese at this location 40.449787, 116.548828 on Google maps?

Tried using translators. But didn't find any feasible answer for this.

This is the image

share|improve this question

What's the input you submitted to the translator? –  TactMayers Aug 25 at 8:41

I used Google translator and wrote these words 于 毛 王 床 and got this translation - Yu Mao king bed –  Pankaj Aug 25 at 8:51
you forgot the 忠 - although a nice Yu Mao King Bed would be nice... –  user3306356 Aug 25 at 9:09

I just went there 2 months ago. The slogan reminds me of the fanatical time. –  Huang Aug 25 at 11:58

Sorry but I could not stop laughing... –  zsf222 Aug 26 at 13:50

2 Answers 2

up vote 4 down vote accepted

This means we are loyal to Chairman Mao.

share|improve this answer
It's not 于毛王床,it's 忠于毛主席 –  user6269 Aug 25 at 9:13

user6269 is right. Answer seems to be wrong. –  Steve Aug 25 at 13:17

The characters read:

忠于毛主席
Zhōng yú Máo zhǔxí

忠 means faithful, 于 is a multi-use preposition which, to me, sounds a bit archaic/formal, and here means "to", but can also mean "in" or "on", 毛 is Mao Zedong's surname, and 主席 means "chairman". So this translates to "Faithful to Chairman Mao". By the way, if you give the correct characters to Google, the translation it gives is Loyal to Chairman Mao.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.