Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

良好 is translated as be good, or be well in one of my dictionaries. This is a common closing remark in spoken English. Can 良好 be used in the same context in Chinese.

i.e.

OK, Bye now...
Take care, be well.

Are there instances where it might be used in closing an email (or the end of a letter)?

If these context are not correct please illustrate a situation where it would be appropriate to use this phrase.

share|improve this question
No, 良好 sounds weird as a closing phrase in Chinese emails or letters. We would simply say 保重/祝好 for informal ones, and 此致敬礼/敬祝安好/即问近安 etc. for different formal cases. –  Stan Sep 1 at 13:30

1 Answer 1

up vote 3 down vote accepted

良好, 令人满意;好。should be translated as good or well without the "be," then it can be used anywhere good or well are used. I never heard it being used as a closing remark, but under some circumstances, such use is possible.

祝你的程序运行良好.--Wish your application runs well.

Source: http://baike.baidu.com/view/96755.htm

share|improve this answer

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.