Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

could someone translate a text carved on my bamboo flute? I think it might be a poem :o

Here it goes, I took 2 photos in case it's not readible

enter image description here enter image description here

Also this one

enter image description here

I suppose it might be the creator's name?

Thanks a lot in advance!

share|improve this question

"黃鶴樓中吹玉笛 江城五月落梅花", this is from Li Bai's poem. "龍秦", this may be person's name or location's name. –  AngelLeliel Sep 2 at 0:59

1 Answer 1

up vote 5 down vote accepted

与史郎中钦听黄鹤楼上吹笛 李白 一为迁客去长沙,西望长安不见家。 黄鹤楼中吹玉笛,江城五月落梅花。

Translation is difficult for chinese poems, for charm will be lost for most times. 龙秦 is not the author, the author is 李白 the most famous poet wellknown as the poetic genius libai. The meaning of this poem is:

Demoted to Changsha, look west to Changan but there is no home there. Hearing jade flute play in the Yellow Crane Tower, seeing plums fall at may in Jiangcheng(Wuhan).

share|improve this answer

Pretty good. It's all about feelings. –  George Chen Sep 2 at 2:33

Thanks a lot! It's good to get the general idea what is written on my flute. By the last photo, I meant the creator of the flute. I guess it might as well be a location where it was createad. Well either way it's not that important. –  Jelfi Sep 2 at 11:10

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.