Take the 2-minute tour ×
Chinese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Chinese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I was busy reading about Apple's new textbook announcement on Engadget China, and I came across the following sentence:

使用者将可轻松地以触控的方式浏览教科书内容.

What is the meaning of 触控 in this sentence? (My guess is something like touch-control or touch-input?) Do these two characters form a word? How could I use this character combination in another sentence?

share|improve this question
add comment

1 Answer 1

up vote 5 down vote accepted

What you guessed is right. 触控 is touch and control: 触 as in 触摸 (touch), and 控 as in 控制 (control).

share|improve this answer
Would you be able to give me an example sentence? Then I will accept this as the answer. Thanks! –  Ciaocibai Jan 20 '12 at 1:02
触控 is a term referring to the input interface of devices like iphone/ipod touch/ipad and those android phones. 触控屏 for touchscreen, 触控板 for trackpad of macbooks...etc –  Fivesheep Jan 20 '12 at 1:07
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.