Is there a colloquial way to say "A person has changed a lot"? For example, I'd like to say "I know she has changed over the past couple of years because of doing stand-up comedy"

Would it be "我知道他因为开始Stand-up就变了很多” or is it “有很多变化?”

• Stand-Up would be 单人相声 & as for changed I think in Chinese it's best to be more specific as to what changed, her attitude? Her personality?
    – Mou某
    Nov 9, 2014 at 0:32

2 Answers 2

Any time in doubt about how to put some expression into Chinese, check something like jukuu.com

她变了很多 in this case would fit. But 她变化很大 would also be OK.

I would word the sentence something like this:

我知道她之所以跟以前很不一样,是因为做了几年单人相声。

Where changed a lot is: 跟以前很不一样 - instead of being direct and talking about changed - we're going with a indirect 'very different'.

Also notice the 之所以...是因为 construct. Which would be like saying the reason xxx....is because xxx... This is a common construct in Chinese and good for explaining things.

Google returned 538k usages for 单口相声, while 单人相声 returned 21.4k. Nov 9, 2014 at 15:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.