Can you recommend tool where I can import text and get result list with words according their frequency in text. Aim to import Chinese subtitles learn most frequent words and then watch movie.

• This question seems more fitting for stackoverflow.com, as it is a question more about technology than Chinese specific
    – Growler
    Dec 8 '14 at 16:30
  • nop... It has nothing to do with programming. Such tools exist I am sure. f.e. Chinese Toolbox 13 has similar tool. But I prefer free and online. Dec 8 '14 at 16:37
  • @Growler it's not fitting for Stackoverflow because OP is asking for a tool. It will get closed as off-topic
    – Huangism
    Dec 8 '14 at 18:29
  • I know xunsearch provides a good engine for Chinese analyses, but it seems they don't provide a formal website to do that, you need to call their api by yourself. Anyway, they have a demo that may meet your requirement -- just paste your text in the large text box, tick the check box before 只看统计, modify the number 10 after it to list more results (it even provides a text box for you to input what word class you want to exclude, ~v means "exclude verbs"), and then click "submit". You may have a try.
    – Stan
    Dec 8 '14 at 19:01

Boris, try this one: http://www.zhongguosou.com/zonghe/cipintongji.aspx

The UI is in Chinese, you may have to figure out how to use it. I tried it myself. It is not user friendly. But this is the only one I found so far.

• after few tries I got exactly what I need. Thanks! Dec 9 '14 at 12:38
  • Its hangs with error and not ordering (even with ordering option ON though) Dec 9 '14 at 13:22

Python package "jieba" (结巴) should be a good alternative if you want to process a lot of text. This package can split sentences into words and then what you need to do is only counting.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.