I want my girlfriend name tattooed in Chinese but unable to know how to write it in Chinese calligraphy. The name is HALDER(pronounced as HALDHER), can someone please let me know how it is in Chinese.

Thanks

closed as off-topic by user3306356, NS.X., Claw, Wang Dingwei, songyuanyao Dec 22 '14 at 2:32

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service." – user3306356, NS.X., Claw, Wang Dingwei, songyuanyao
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• especially with short names (both first and last) chances are that they have been transliterated somewhere on the web, in present case see Wikipedia on (German general) Halder, this has a Chinese version, which will show the accepted transliteration. – user6065 Dec 21 '14 at 7:57
    Is your girlfriend Chinese? – Henry HO Dec 21 '14 at 8:46
  • Why on earth do you need to ink something on to you that you don't event understand? There are lots of "Chinese" tattoos that look incorrect, gibberish, messed and fake. The Chinese script was not invented to be tattooed on illiterate Westerners. It has no 'magical power', it doesn't look good. Why do you need a proof that you have no understanding of Chinese language and civilization? – Drunken Master Dec 21 '14 at 9:34
  • @DrunkenMaster Altough a wonderful question, I'm afraid it's out of the realms of a Q&A site... – user3306356 Dec 21 '14 at 11:47

哈尔德 simply google "HALDER", resulting in e.g. http://www.iciba.com/HALDER?renovate=633415

• Or it could be 哈爾德 in traditional characters. – Drunken Master Dec 21 '14 at 9:45

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.