I can translate it word by word but is it a saying/quote???

别把这天的彩虹, 放在明天的天空

• "I"needs to be capitalized – Happy Time Mar 4 '15 at 20:08
  • @happytime I didn't notice that it was i until you mentioned it........ – stella_t Mar 4 '15 at 20:52

别把这天的彩虹放在明天的天空

Don't take today's rainbow and put it on tomorrow's sky.

It should mean something like:

If you are happy now, it doesn't mean you will still be happy in the future.
If things are good now, it doesn't mean they will still be in the future.

Or simply:
Things change.

• what is the basis for this interpretation? users generally can make a reasonable guess, but most expect explanations based on Chinese language usage or literary traditions or perhaps based on 雷松's own writings or interviews 这种解释的基础是什么呢?所有用户都可以作出某种差不多合理的猜测,但是大多数用户期望的是从汉语言的使用或文学传统方面的解释,基于雷松自己的作品或访谈也可以 – user6065 Mar 4 '15 at 15:55
  • @S.Rhee It's based on my own interpretation. The asker didn't know what it meant so I tried to help. But I can delete it if it's against the site rules giving one's own opinion. Cheers – Enrico Brasil Mar 5 '15 at 16:26

别把这天的彩虹放在明天的天空

Not a well known saying. Maybe a quote from somewhere.

Don't put this day's rainbow in tomorrows sky.

Whatever that means!

yeah,i translated it that way too but i am not sure what it means..........thanks for answering though! – stella_t Mar 2 '15 at 13:09
  • quotation from 雷松 see baike.com/wiki/%E5%B0%9D%E8%AF%95 zhengjicn.com/mingyan/44169.html 关于尝试的名人名言 famous quotes about trying, – user6065 Mar 2 '15 at 13:32
  • To find out who 雷松 is look this name (word) up in iciba, at the bottom find article from 百科 along with picture – user6065 Mar 2 '15 at 13:42
  • I did find it from baike.com, however i cannot understand what it means......maybe don't stop trying just because you achieved something today, or something like that....? Thank you!!! – stella_t Mar 2 '15 at 16:00
  • @stella_t that's basically what it means. You can also understand it like just because you achieved something great before it doesn't mean you are still that great now. In other words, don't stop trying – Huangism Mar 2 '15 at 18:55

This is my personal opinion. For me, this sentence shares the same meaning as a much more famous quote 今朝有酒今朝醉, which tells you to enjoy your life when you can. Or say we should live for today, but not for tomorrow.

Edit: Ach, thanks to @S.Rhee, it might be a bad interpretation to understand this quote and 今朝有酒今朝醉 here. Considering the fact that this quote is mentioned in the 尝试 page on Baidu Baike. It might be reasonable to read it as "do it now" or "try it now".

• see iciba for 今朝有酒今朝醉 – user6065 Mar 4 '15 at 18:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for?Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.