In this sentence 送上 means what?? I think is means 'send = 送 to attend = 上(a series of lectures) = 一场讲座' but maybe it is just 送给??

据报道,某石油化工公司前不久举办了一场心理知识讲座,为近百名员工送上了一把找到工作快乐和取得成功的“心灵钥匙“。

送上,送给 both means send.

Two differences:

1.送上 is more polite。

1. in different sentence structure。

a. 为 someone 送上 something。

b. 送给 someone something。

This sentence equals to ... ... 送给近百名员工一把找到工作快乐和取得成功的“心灵钥匙“。

reply to the comments.

心灵钥匙 is a description of 讲座,it is a metaphor. This lecture is the 心灵钥匙。

examle 学校组织了一次军训活动,为广大师生送上了一次军旅体验。

军训活动 is the 军旅体验。

• How do the lectures come into this? The employees first attend the lectures, don't they? '公司为员工举办一场讲座,然后发给员工一把‘灵心钥匙’ 这样的意思?
    – Pedroski
    Apr 14 '15 at 22:31
  • @Pedroski reply in the answers.
    – wolfrevo
    Apr 15 '15 at 5:13
  • @Pedroski "心灵钥匙" is metaphor. That is to say the lecture acted like a key for the staff to access the success. In other words, the lecture enlightened everyone's soul. Make sense?
    – WangYudong
    Apr 15 '15 at 5:57
  • Aha, so the lecture, not the company, gave the staff 'enlightenment'. This part is really a relative clause '...lectures, which .....' 为近百名员工送上了一把找到工作快乐和取得成功的“心灵钥匙“。
    – Pedroski
    Apr 15 '15 at 23:41
送上 - send

送上 is usually used in situation where things are delivered humbly / 'with a heart'. You will use 送上 when sending a gift or a blessing for example.

送给 - send to

Since it means 'sending to', in most cases it is followed by the person / party receiving the 'thing' being sent. I.e. It is not practical to use in your example.

Also I believe it is a term in conjunction with 收下, as a term used by the receiver of the things you have just 送上.

送上

KEY

[ v ]

◊ deliver (to a superior)

◊ present (to a superior)

◊ send (wishes, etc.)

so we have:

送上了一把.......钥匙

send/deliver/present - a - key

you could, as you suggested, even replace 送上 with 送给 here (meaning wise, not grammatically).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.