Does anyone know of a font that supports the unicode CJK extensions c, d, e? If you have such a font, do you know if it works with the MySQL utf8mb4 character set?

The Hanazono fonts (HanaMinA, HanaMinB) have full support for all 3 extensions and include 96k+ glyphs. Here is the glyph list (.pdf, 500 pages).

Babelstone Han claims to support all glyphs in Extension D, but only has partial support for C (37.1%) and E (19.5%).

EDIT:

Here's the download link (25.7MB) for HanaMinB (which supports these extensions). And here's a screenshot of a word processor with HanaMinB.ttf installed, displaying random glyphs from CJK Ext. E.

enter image description here

• Hanazono really supports CJK-E? – user3306356 Jul 9 '15 at 7:21
    Well, I can't reproduce the error, I am running Linux and things are fine. – Drunken Master Jul 9 '15 at 10:26
    It seems to be an individual problem for my system. Anyway, I'm sure this is the solution for most people – wpt Jul 10 '15 at 2:54
    @wpt I had the same problem, it turned out I had an old version on HanaMinA and HanaMinB installed on my computer! it was from '13 or something like that - the newest version is from '14 - I downloaded the newest version and everything was hunky doory – user3306356 Jul 15 '15 at 15:00
    Yop, that's right, works just fine with the newest version, must have gotten the old version at scourgeforge. – user4452 Jul 22 '15 at 14:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.