A : "Do you like to eat Durian?"
B : "No not really"
A : "Yeah, I guess it's really an acquired taste"

For translation questions, please look around for an answer first; try sites such as iciba.com, google translate, and general web searches. If you can't find a good solution, you can come back here and edit your question to show us what you have tried. – wpt Aug 13 '15 at 2:40

The English expression acquired taste refers to the nature of the taste being perhaps unpleasant on first taste, while one becomes habituated to like it through exposure, hence the acquiring. I would prefer a rendition such as:

可能需要慢慢地适应。

要慢慢来才会欣赏。

An idiom can be appropriate as a pithy reply:

一回生,二回熟。

| improve this answer | |
    +1 for the English explanation, but generally the idiom 一回生二回熟 is used to describe some circumstance, environment, or stranger, but not food, so it sounds figurative to my ears. – Stan Aug 13 '15 at 2:01
  • To supplement Stan's comment-- A typical use of 一回生、两回熟 is 学这件事要慢慢来;一回 ,两回。 lit. "To learn this thing, (you) need to learn it slowly; do it once (you're) unskilled; do it twice, (you're) skilled." – Frenzy Li Jun 12 '18 at 6:09

how about 不吃不知道,一吃真奇妙 / 吃了忘不了 / 越吃越上瘾

I find it is hard to translate it in a single cinese word. A few words for you to consider: (a taste you need to) 领略/领会/体会/体悟/尝试/熟悉/浸淫?

the best answer is "青菜萝卜,各有所爱“

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.