Is there a Chinese equivalent of the colloquial English term, "like a boss?" Not an literal translation but an equivalent thereof.

  • It's quite possible that there is no "Chinese way" that matches this Internet meme. Though some people use 老大 instead of 老板.
    – imrek
    Aug 16 '15 at 13:28

The closest I can think of is:

霸氣外露 (bà qì wài lù)


霸气侧露 Bàqì cè lù

It is a proverb but nowadays commonly used as a slang

  • 霸气侧露 霸氣側露 Bàqì cè lù
    – user10952
    Aug 17 '15 at 3:11
  • very good answer, lol Aug 24 '15 at 8:31

"大大" or "大神" is the slang which means the people is the master like a god.

  • For example, Xi 大大?
    – scaaahu
    Aug 24 '15 at 8:35
  • I think calling someone "大大" is for showing the respect.
    – Chen OT
    Aug 24 '15 at 8:41
  • Okay, I understand where you are coming from.
    – scaaahu
    Aug 24 '15 at 8:43

If you don't mind carrying some informal words and be really "native", you can say


The word 吊 is a little "obscene" as it refers some male reproductive organ but it's pretty commonly used on internet.

Literally translated: "It's so big that it looks like it's gonna explode."

It actually means:"That's so cool, like a boss!"

  • That is not just "obscene", it's totally swear. Aug 26 '15 at 7:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.