is there anyone who can help me translate Mammalian Two-Hybrid System into Chinese? I'm not sure is it 哺乳动物双杂交系统? Any help would be appreciated!

• Seems fine to me, but I'm not sure whether it's a correct technical term for the special domain. – user4072 Oct 19 '15 at 9:53
    Wikipedia and iciba: ( 酵母菌)双杂合系统 (Yeast) two hybrid system (合 instead of 交) – user6065 Oct 19 '15 at 9:57
    哺乳动物细胞双杂交系统, I don't know why they emphasize "细胞(cell)" in the translation as I'm not an expert on this subject, but it's a jargon that Chinese experts would actually use in their papers. For translation of such terminologies, you can try dict.cnki.net – it will list translations by citing corresponding papers so you can verify if the context is OK. – Stan Oct 19 '15 at 13:21
    @Stan [Hybridization is the result of mixing two species's genes][1]. In scientific terms, hybridization is done in cell level. So there is "细胞(cell)" in the phrase. However, [Yeast are eukaryotic microorganisms][1]. To put it simply, they are cells. I think in order to avoid repeating it, the phrase "Yeast two hybrid system" is not contain "细胞(cell)". [1]: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_(biology)#Interspecific_hybrids [2]: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeast – zz22 Jan 18 '16 at 12:48
  • @zz22 thanks for the info :) – Stan Jan 18 '16 at 13:50

According after reading your reference :

Mammalian Two-Hybrid System

Original record is talking about "protein-protein interactions in mammalian cells". The protein is not living thing so it can't 雜交, 交合, 雜交 (these terms mean cross mating).

It seems below is better.

哺乳動物細胞雙混合系統

There's a related on, yeast two hybrid system, which is 酵母菌双杂合系统. So your answer should be 哺乳动物双杂合系统 in simplified Chinese.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.