I'm self translating common phrases in English, and I tried to translate "Excuse me, do you have the time?" and came up with “劳驾、做你有那个时？”. Is this a natural sounding sentence and is it correct?
Unfortunately it's not correct. You could say:
"做你有那个时" sounds very strange to me and honestly I wouldn't have known what you meant had I not read the English version
"劳驾" isn't really appropriate in this type of sentence either
“不好意思，请问现在几点” is more natural sounding
This appears to be an almost word-for-word direct translation of:
Excuse me, do you have the time?
But this expression is idiomatic in English, so it's not going to translate well. I don't think it would be understandable.
What's wrong with it?
- 劳驾 = excuse me; I believe this is correct and polite (maybe a bit rare). I'd probably say 麻烦你了 ("trouble you" = "excuse me") followed by 请问 ("may I ask") so whoever I'm speaking to can notice I'm speaking Chinese before I start asking a question.
- 、 is the wrong comma; it's used for lists, like A、B和C. See: Commas, which one is proper?
- 做 = to do; this is not equivalent to "do" in the English sentence above, and is incorrect. E.g. 做作业 = "to do homework".
- 你 = you; this is correct.
- 有 = to have; this matches the English sentence, but the English is idiomatic so it's not appropriate to translate this. (We don't actually "possess" time.)
- 那个 = that; this is incorrect. Chinese doesn't have a simple notion of "the". See: How to express "the" in Chinese
- 时 = time; but it does not match "time" in the English sentence. 那个时 doesn't work; the closest is 那个时间 = "that time" (using 时间 = time).
Probably the most natural option is:
May I ask, what's the time now?
Qǐngwèn, xiànzài jǐ diǎnle?
Although 请问 could be replaced by many other alternatives.
U could say like 不好意思（劳驾），麻烦下现在的时间。
打扰一下=(bother for a while) 对不起=(sorry) but the meaning still can be use for the sentences and the 你知道现在几点吗 meaning is (do you know what time now?)
I'm Chinese so I know it, more accurately Excuse me=(不好意思)
for the whole translation is like this: 不好意思，你知道现在几点吗？(do you have the time)