I tried handwriting it in Google translate, but struggle to copy the characters. Please, help me! Thank you very much in advance!!

http://s019.radikal.ru/i635/1511/0e/38a93e447481.jpg

I think that translations of non-Mandarin literature ought not to be considered off-topic. They're usually too difficult for machine translation to handle, and there is an element of skill involved well beyond what would be necessary for ordinary working Mandarin. Nov 6, 2015 at 14:58

2 Answers 2

六出飛花入戶時,坐看青竹變瓊枝。

A Tang poem (对雪) by 高骈 (Gao Pian), with the following meaning: Snow flakes are falling on the bamboo poles of the house, and I am sitting here watching the landscape turn white.

Thank you very much indeed! What a beautiful poem! I couldn't have translated it without your help. You are very kind. Thank you!!
    – Julia
    Nov 5, 2015 at 21:14
  • @Julia in case you want the full poem: 《对雪》:六出飛花入戶時,坐看青竹變瓊枝。 如今好上高樓望,蓋盡人間惡路歧。 Nov 7, 2015 at 16:01
Flying "flowers" of snow, each jutting sixfold — 
    as these enter our home,
we sit watching the green bamboo
    turning to trees of pale jade.

The square text on the bottom says "國韻製造 [manufactured by Guóyùn 'national in-tune']".

• Thank you very much for your help!! Your expertise is greatly appreciated.
    – Julia
    Nov 6, 2015 at 20:41

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.