• 比乍

• 披莎

• 比萨

• 匹萨

• 批萨

• 皮萨

• 披薩

I'm never sure which to use.

Is there a most common/most well-known translation or transliteration for Pizza in Chinese?

When there's no standard, choose anyone you like. – Stan Nov 13 '15 at 6:30
  • @Stan I'll make up my own then: 毴洒, sounds nice? – user3306356 Nov 13 '15 at 6:35
  • I pronunciated it as pīsa, so I'll vote for 匹萨 or 批萨. – songyuanyao Nov 13 '15 at 6:40
  • Sounds comical. Seriously speaking, statisticians may start by checking how many google results they have, but I think the choice depends on what kind of effect you need. Inventing a new one is often not a good idea – if you insist on doing that anyway, no one can judge it ungrammatical in an authoritative sense. BTW, personally I write 批萨. – Stan Nov 13 '15 at 6:52
  • @songyuanyao In mainland China, is the only pronunciation for in mandarin. Taiwan has as well as . – Stan Nov 13 '15 at 6:58
up vote 2 down vote accepted

批萨 and 匹萨 are the most common ones.

比萨 only used to reference the tower - Leaning Tower of Pisa.

“外国煎饼” Just kidding. Any one of them is OK. Cuz they are all transliterations, and we Chinese can understand what you mean. Btw, we call Leaning Tower of Pisa '比萨斜塔'

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.