My question is as the title. In China, 给客人沏茶 is considered hospitality and courtesy, especially right after guests come in. Is there a reason or a story behind the practice?

closed as off-topic by congusbongus, NS.X., user5714, Colin McLarty, Drunken Master Feb 9 '16 at 22:06

• This question does not appear to be about Chinese language within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it is about Chinese culture and not the language. – congusbongus Feb 9 '16 at 4:02
  • according to television series water is being offered more often 根据电视剧来判断给予水作饮料更为通常 – user6065 Feb 9 '16 at 13:09
    @congusbongus Language and culture cannot be separated! Culture is one of 5C in ACTFL standards. – cnwang09 Feb 9 '16 at 17:13
  • @congusbongus I have to agree with cnwang09. Besides, do StackExchange have a site for chinese culture alone? – Rodrigo Feb 13 '16 at 23:09

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.