I didn't know what 大法 means. I did some google search and all the answers were "Dafa".

But I didn't think it is correct. What does it mean exactly?

To maintain the humor, I suggest "Sony dafa is good." Seriously. As a parody of the original "Falun dafa is good." – Stan Feb 28 '16 at 4:15
    It came from the declaration 法*轮 大*法 好: Dharma-cakra, the great dharma, is good, people replace the first two characters with sony: Sony, the great dharma, is good! – 賈可 Jacky Mar 5 '18 at 7:46
  • The great dharma of cakra is good! The great dharma of sony is good! – 賈可 Jacky Apr 4 '18 at 9:42

索尼 is Sony. 大法 is borrowed from Falungong's 法轮大法.

The inventor of this saying might want to gave people some ideas on how Sony's fans follow Sony's industrial design.

How about translate to Sony cult supremacy or Sony sect supremacy?

In this sentence people treat Sony like a religion. So I think the best way to translate it is

"In Sony we trust"

法,or 大法 is borrowed from Buddhism, in Buddhism, 法 means 轨持(dharma),truth or law that affects the whole universe。

so 索尼大法好 can be The dharma of Sony is good , or The truth of Sony is good for simplicity.

I think the accurate translation is Sony is the best

• "大法" means you are the fan of Sony - might be misleading. Additional explanation would be better. – songyuanyao Feb 28 '16 at 4:38

Literally, 大法 means "great magic" ,which used to be a superstitious description of "theory/technic" in ancient time.

example:

点金大法 点金术 alchemy
易容大法 易容术 magic disguise 

Now 大法 is often used as a humorous yet satirising description of metaphysical entities like "art","music","emotions" which cannot be completely measured or assessed by science.

suggested translation:

Sonyism Rocks!

The sentence is Sony’s fans’s sayings 索尼 is “Sony” 大法 feel like “religious magic” 好 is good in fact this sentence have some jokemeaning in Chinese enter image description here if you are a Google fans you can say 谷歌大法好 my English maybe is not very well,if you can not understand please tell me

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.