I saw the previous posts about 接受 and 接收。 But couldn't find information about the difference between 接受 and 得到。 它们的对象可以是抽象的也可以是具体的? 得到/接受的可以是好的也可以是消极的? Or maybe I just need to memorize the “习惯搭配”?!

"接受" usually involves a second person(may be implicit or explicit) , from which you 接受 something. – a point in Standard Students Apr 10 '16 at 14:18
  • For example "接受命运" I think the second person/thing "天" is implicit in this phrase. – a point in Standard Students Apr 10 '16 at 14:19
    see dictionaries, 得到:get, obtain,etc,接受:accept,receive, etc. – user6065 Apr 10 '16 at 16:13

得到 is receive, emphasize on the physical action of getting something. 接受 is more like accept, emphasize on the mental acceptance of something. It can be things related to moral, like 接受批评: I know I am wrong, and I accept the truth that I am wrong. However, 得到(或者 受到)批评 means: the action that I am being blamed by someone.

While similar, they aren't interchangeable. According to the dictionary,

接受:
to accept; to take; to embrace; to adopt; to bow to
Examples:
他已經接受了我們的邀請。He has accepted our invitation.
山姆因為窮只得接受這份工作。Sam had to take the job because he was broke.

得到:
to obtain; to receive; to acquire; to derive; to earn; to get; to gain
Examples:
他們從政府那裡得到一筆貸款。They obtained a loan from the government.
她應該得到此榮譽。She is worthy to receive such honor.

接受 is passive, such as when you accept gifts or accept a situation. 得到 is for when you actively seek out or ask, and as a result, you received.

Hope this helps!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.