Question for you all. I've seen sentences that are like this

我还是做一枚安静的吃货好了

or 我还是做一枚安静的美少女

I understand that this is a funny expression (used primarily online) Can I replace the final word with any noun? For example, could I say

我还是做一枚安静的老外吧。?

Of course. It is pretty good actually! Apr 12, 2016 at 13:57
  • What's its meaning? Apr 12, 2016 at 14:25
  • @EnricoBrasil something like "(Facepalm) Let me be quiet and not get involved into that (ridiculous) thing XD."
    – Stan
    Apr 13, 2016 at 1:22

1 Answer 1

Its a funny way of describing "I'll remain a spectator and not get involved in the matter", because "I'll never reach that level" or "I'll never do such a thing/achieve such a result".

You can definitely say "我还是做一枚安静的老外吧。" or replace it with any other nouns, but it depends on what the situation is. For example, if you see a Chinese guy doing something that you'll be never able to do, you can say "我还是做一枚安静的老外吧。" meaning you are amazed by the situation and will remain a foreigner and not try to achieve what he did...It's just a funny way of saying things.

It all comes from this saying "我只想做个安静的美男子(I only want to be a silent/low profile handsome guy" if you want to look more into it.

• And why the measure word 枚? Among southern Chinese at least, I know it as a measure word for eggs, but not people!
    – Ludi
    May 26, 2017 at 9:03
    @Ludi cute way of comparing people to object so it does not sound too serious
    – Mindless
    May 26, 2017 at 11:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.