I have the following question, I need to say to someone to enjoy a movie, or to have a nice time, in that case how should I say .... " have fun ! " or " enjoy ! " Thanks for your help.-

• 玩得开心点 should do it. 谢谢你(的帮助) for the second. – user4452 May 7 '16 at 15:14
  • What have you tried? We don't do translation requests here unless there's been some prior effort shown: we're not a substitute for a phrasebook or dictionary. – user5714 May 8 '16 at 7:05
  • @Marron: This is not translation, any online translator did not show any sense result, if would be quite easy to find myself will just go and try google translator. That's why I am asking here about it. Please be more sense before give such a silly comment. – Nicolas May 8 '16 at 17:23

玩得开心 or 尽兴。 Seems that in Chinese, there's no equal saying of having fun.

• Thanks to clarify, I did not know before that Chinese Mandarin do not use (have) this expression into a sentence. It think it's common used in western countries so that's why I was looking for it.- – Nicolas May 8 '16 at 17:29
  • This seems to only make sense to me with more "physical" activities. If someone told me they obtained a book they wanted to read and I wanted to say "have fun", I at least would not use the first phrase. Perhaps add a comment about this sort of discrepancy? You're right that there's no literal equivalent phrase though. – user5714 May 8 '16 at 20:34
  • Yeah, I don't know how to say "have fun” in this situation either. However, I would say "不错哦,看完记得和我分享一下". This will also strengthen connection between you and that guy. – Eli May 8 '16 at 20:53
  • It seems we should use "玩得开心“, not ”的“. – einverne May 9 '16 at 12:14

尽管玩儿 It's similar to Beijing slang that we used to say: 你先玩儿着,我们下回再聊.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.