I would like to ask, "Will this email address be removed from this mail group?"

The best I could come up with was, "这邮件地址会这个mail group除了吗?"
How should I ask this?

• 这个邮件地址会被从这个邮件群组中删除吗? – songyuanyao Jul 5 '16 at 2:05

Better use active voice in Chinese, e.g. "這個郵件組會刪除這個電郵地址嗎?"

Indeed, I think the real challenge in your question is the two occurrence of "this". It is really awkward to have two "這個" in the same sentence. If you provide more information, I think we can make a better translation.

Edit @sazarando : for "Will this email address be removed from the Inside_Sales mail group?", I suggest "這個電郵地址會從'內部銷售'郵件組刪除(掉)嗎?"

(Instead of passive voice, I'd rather omit the subject.)

• OK, how about... "Will this email address be removed from the Inside_Sales mail group?" - I want to ask if a particular mail address is going to be removed from the Inside_Sales mail group or not. – sazarando Jul 6 '16 at 0:40

I think using passive voice is better, ex. "這個郵件地址將會(被)從(郵件)群組中移除嗎". It implies YOU may be going to delete/remote the address from the group.

If you use "這個郵件組會刪除這個電郵地址嗎", it means the GROUP is going to delete/remove the mail address actively.

You can say "这个邮件地址会被邮件组删除/移除吗?". First, you need to catch the important words in this sentence. " email address"(邮箱地址),"removed"(移除) and "mail group" (邮件组). You can make a sentence with these three words in a logical order. " will" is future tense, so you need to use "会".

Could you explain the sentence a little bit? Maybe split it into pieces to explain how you constructed it? It's very low quality as it is. – Alenanno Jul 5 '16 at 10:31

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.