I'm getting a tattoo in Chinese and I have everything already I'm just missing the "moving on" part. How should I translate it?

Moving on is the same as continue, so use "继续". – 超酷爆帅型男 Aug 18 '16 at 15:21
  • I'm afraid that you need to provide more details. There is no such single Chinese Word can express 'move on' as far as I know. – Soony Aug 23 '16 at 9:32
  • What's the rest of the tattoo? Some context should be provided. – Alenanno Aug 25 '16 at 10:23
  • 勇往直前 - moving forward with courage, if that's what you're looking for indeed. While the direct translation of moving on is 继续, i bet i'll laugh if I see it, and you don't want that especially as a tatoo – Alex Aug 25 '16 at 21:35
  • enter "move on" into jukuu and get 100 example sentences, e.g. 8. Don't halt here; move on, move on! 不要停留在这里,往前走,往前走! and use editors to change to traditional characters – user6065 Mar 29 '17 at 14:05

"Moving on" can translate some Chinese idioms, such as 堅持不懈,一往無前,堅持到底,奮勇向前, these are traditional Chinese. These idioms mean " always move forward bravely" 勇敢地一直向前进.

Hope this answer can help you.

向着胜利勇敢前进。An inspireing phrase from the song of the Youth Pioneer Group, "Marching bravely towards victory."

• Hi I wasn't the one who downvoted, but could you please explain the sentence a bit more in depth? – Alenanno Aug 25 '16 at 10:20
  • @Alenanno I think what Danny means is '勇往直前', which is a phase to describe moving forward with courage, if that's what you're looking for – Alex Aug 25 '16 at 21:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.