I'm now chating with a host over AirBnB. She seems to NOT speak English, so she replyed to me the following:

你好,我不会英语,你介意吗

So I tried to reply the following:

你好。我会看得懂中文少一点,可是我不会说。如果我们用信息,我们会没有问题。

However, I now wonder if the last sentence is correct or not. Specifially, I think there are some expressions occurred on me:

我们会没有问题

我们不会有问题

我们会没问题

Is the sentence I used correct? Or is there a better expression here?

By the way is 我不会英语 the correct in grammar or does she just omit it since it is obvious in context?

• we won't have any problems: 我们不会有问题的, for confirmation try jukuu also it should be 我不会说英语,会 is an aux. or modal v.(助动词/能愿动词)and as in E should be followed by a v. (cf. e.g."外国人实用汉语语法"帮助动词表示需要、可能或愿望叫助动词。 – user6065 Oct 8 '16 at 19:07
  • 会 besides being a modal verb also is a full-fledged verb meaning (8) 懂得 [know]。 如: 他会英文; 他会做思想工作, thus comment#1 must be corrected accordingly (see answer below) – user6065 Oct 8 '16 at 20:16
  • It is much better to make use of a translator app. Or you can make use of an online translator. www.tokohow.com – user15499 Oct 8 '16 at 21:25

Is the sentence I used correct? Or is there a better expression here?

1.我们会没有问题 - 我们 (we) | 会 (will) | 没有 (not have) | 问题 (problem)

2.我们不会有问题 - 我们 (we) | 不会 (will not) | 有 (have) | 问题 (problem)

我们会没问题 (just #1 omitted 有)

Both #1 and #2 are correct.

• 没有 (not have) acts on the noun "问题 "(problem)
  • 不会 (will not) modify the verb "有" (have)

By the way is 我不会英语 correct in grammar or does she just omit it since it is obvious in context?

• 我不会英语 means " I don't know English" (don't understand, can't speak, read or write) or it is "我不会說英语" but omitted the verb "說"

• 我不会說英语 means " I can't speak English"

我不会英语 on its own is grammatically correct. Since she understood what you wrote in English, she was actually saying "我不会說英语" but omitted the verb "說"

• Thank you for the clarification. Between #1 and #2, which seems more natural for a native? – Blaszard Oct 8 '16 at 20:09
  • I like 2.我们不会有问题 more – Tang Ho Oct 8 '16 at 20:17
  • 会+verb,不会+verb is often followed by 的 in the sense of (un)likelihood (in the future)(as in comment #1),bkrs:不会有好下场的 will come to no good end 不会坐视的 not sit back looking on, jukuu:不会的,维纳斯不会生气的,as far as 不会有问题 is concerned jukuu has many examples both w/o 的 and w 的。 – user6065 Oct 9 '16 at 2:51

Your sentence has already expressed the basic meaning, so all of them sound ok to me, speaking of a more strict grammar, it's better to add a "的" after each sentence: 我们会没问题 -> 我们会没问题的, as @user6065 already pointed out.

But to sound more nature, I might make two changes:

1. Turn it into an impersonal sentence: 会没事的/是没有问题的(the person 我们 removed), which can be translated as "It will be ok/fine".

2. Further change, adding some mood to emphasize uncertainty, thus it becomes: 应该会没事的/应该是没有问题的, which can be translated as "It should be ok/fine".

for this conversation it's understandable but a little unnatural. much better version: 如果我们用信息的话,交流应该没问题=> 如果用信息的话,交流应该没问题=> 用信息的话,交流应该没问题=> 用信息的话,应该没问题。

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.