I'm searching for a good resource to learn Chinese with a focus on natural sciences and engineering. In particular, I would like the name of chemicals, machinery parts and environmental/ecological concepts.

• To add a bit of background: When I learnt Russian I used a book written by a scientist and for scientists: the examples were all from natural science or engineering (e.g. a chapter on the logic behind names of chemicals). It also taught grammar in a systematic way that I found very useful. So I am searching for something similar for Chinese. If that is if any importance I'm a beginner, but I wrote the question in a broad way in case somebody else was searching for that too. The book is “Manuel de Russe à l’usage des scientifiques”, from Y. Gentilhomme (no English version as far as I know) – almerillat Dec 22 '16 at 22:07
  • web search using "自然科学词典" yields onedict.com/subject.php?qw=%E8%87%AA%E7%84%B6%E7%A7%91%E5%AD%A6 with parallel English and Chinese definitions – user6065 Dec 22 '16 at 23:16
  • Thank you, that could be useful. However, I am more looking for a resource like an app or a book, which I could refer to when I want to learn about or train a specific topic. I am not searching for an online dictionary or translator – almerillat Dec 23 '16 at 7:58
  • yadi.sk/i/VqHL2Suc39czUv (click on image to get pdf of entire book) Кочергин И.В. Основы научно-технического перевода с китайского на русский.pdf (Foundations of scientific-technological translation from Chinese to Russian) – user6065 Jan 18 '17 at 17:14
  • I just had a look. This seems indeed a good resource, I'll keep it in my library. I can read it but maybe others might prefer an English course book. Anyway, thank you – almerillat Jan 18 '17 at 17:54

I know of a couple resources for medicine and chemistry. These are technical dictionaries. You can start checking these out. I used to use them for work and never had problems so I guess the translations should be correct. Will post more as I come across them.

Medicine:
drdict.com

Chemistry:
cosdna.com

EDIT:
If you're looking for occasional term references, usually a good bet is to search Wikipedia and switch to the Chinese page.

| improve this answer | |

推荐几个中文Podcast:

《科学脱口秀》 RSS: http://www.kexuetuokouxiu.com/feed/podcast

科学脱口秀是一个主要以科学相关的谈话类节目,植物学,天文学,两性的等等

《太医来了》 太医来了 是医学、健康相关的节目

RSS: http://ipn.li/taiyilaile/feed

《心理开花》 心理开花 是心理学相关的节目,听这个节目可以学到很多心理学的概念。

以上节目可以在itunes中搜索订阅到.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.