MDBG lists 一点儿 as not an HSK entry. I've seen other lists that do say it is an HSK entry.

Is it common for the HSK to include erhua variants instead of non-erhua? My understanding is that erhua variants are most common in Beijing. Should I focus my vocabulary on learning erhua variants?

• cf。 HSK dictionary 汉语水平考试词典:(第811页) 一点儿 甲(名)[后缀][义1]表示不确定的、很少的数量或很小的程度(a bit; a little):有~小事,一会 就办完|~也不知道臊|少吃~,别吃太多|说慢~,我听不懂。 – user6065 Feb 4 '17 at 18:53
    English, please? – Eric Majerus Feb 4 '17 at 19:34

According to the official HSK1 vocabulary list published by Hanban in September 2012, erhua variants may occur in the test since they are included in the vocabulary list.

So you should focus on both non-erhua and erhua variants of the words.

| improve this answer | |

I'm from south of China,people here hardly use erhua because of the habit,but the northern people always use it .I don't think it's a big problem in use it or not.

• What you said is correct. But the question is whether it matters on HSK. – user4072 Feb 6 '17 at 2:36

For what it's worth, I feel the HSK committee here is being frankly unreasonable with all the 儿化 variants it lists:

• 一点儿
  • 干活儿
  • 大伙儿
  • 纳闷儿
  • 纽扣儿
  • 馅儿
  • 心眼儿
  • 使劲儿
  • 墨水儿 (seriously???)
  • 大伙儿

are all things that you'd never hear in a news broadcast, while 墨水 etc would be, but are not listed in the HSK vocab. On the other hand, they list as single-character words things that I'd never hear without 子: 梨子, 桃子 (are the only two I can think of now).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.