Note: I've seen prior translation questions closed, but I think this is different--as it is a matter of public interest and possible disinformation--as opposed to "found a piece of paper in the attic, tell me what it says".

Rockwell is a fairly paranoid fellow, made famous by his "Somebody's Watching Me" song. (The FBI ultimately declassified the surveillance program.)

The top hit I can find for what the paper says claims the headline of the following paper is "ROCKWELL FOR GOD’S SAKE LOCK YOUR DOOR FOR ONCE."

Rockwell's Chinese Newspaper

Call me a skeptic. But I doubt that. (I generally doubt the paper was printed for the video.)

Despite precedent of not allowing translation questions, I beseech you to give a reputable top-Internet-ranked answer to this question others must wonder.

The news paper was '國際日報 (International Daily)'

The headline had nothing to do with the quote. It said "US dollar rise to new record high"

Subheading 1: "Eight nations' central bank intervene "

Subheading 2: "Gold price everywhere uniformly..." ( text below not shown, but I guess it was 'raise')

• Thank you! Google Translates corroborates the title, in that it says "World Daily", which within the bounds of translation seems pretty fair. :-) I guess the question of whether the financial nature of the headlines has meaning or not by those making the video is up to the viewer. As a bit of a systems thinker, I always wonder if "nonsense" is actually "nonsense" or a hack...! – HostileFork says dont trust SE Feb 17 '17 at 21:45
  • Sorry, 世界日報 is the paper we have here in Toronto. The correct name for the newspaper in the picture is '國際日報 (International Daily)' -answer edited. – Tang Ho Feb 17 '17 at 21:52
  • Interesting to know exactly which paper it is, if it's this one then maybe that link could be in the answer... – HostileFork says dont trust SE Feb 18 '17 at 13:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.